Maine Media Library

Maine Media Library
This is Me!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday 9/15/2011

Tomorrow I will meet with personnel from Maine Media College. I have map quested my driving route and learned that the trip will take approximately one hour and twenty nine minutes and is 57.12 miles. Although this afternoon is a gray, rainy day tomorrow is expected to be "Sunny and breezy. Highs around 60. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph." My car is in relatively good working order although it doesn't like to start on the first, second, or third try and the engine light is on which is inconvenient right now to say the least. I just keep driving it and saying my prayers everyday, thanking God (my higher power) for His benevolence in all things including my poverty and neediness.

I hope to make a good first impression on the personnel I wil be meeting with. I am reminded that before going home for the night, I should stop by Wal Mart to pick up a small plant for the desk of Christine Urquart as a thank you for all of her efforts to coordinate this internship on short notice.

Another development in the ongoing saga of me completing my library practicum is that Trevelyn Jones, an editor of School Library Journal, will be sending me my first assignment tomorrow in order to conduct a book review for said journal. This is very exciting for me and I hope to incorporate into my practicum.

I wonder how my fantastically sweet and brilliant daughter is doing at college. We talk briefly every night before going to bed yet still throughout the day I think of her.

I am on track with my Biology class but will have to press in order to stay current in my Statistics class. Adieu for now friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment